Pay for Child Care

The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) offers child care assistance to those who qualify through Child Care Resource and Referral of Midwestern IL.  We provide all the information you may need in order to apply for financial assistance, and we take care of filing paperwork with IDHS as well.

Parents who meet income eligibility requirements and are working and/or going to school are encouraged to apply for child care assistance.  To find out if you or someone you know may be eligible, contact Child Care Resource and Referral of Midwestern IL or visit the IDHS Eligibility Calculator. Applications for child care assistance may be obtained online, or from the CCR&R of Midwestern IL office, local DHS office, and most licensed child care providers.

red arrow no bkgrd.pngWill you be utilizing the Child Care Assistance Program to help pay for your child care costs?  Be sure you confirm with any potential child care providers that they have completed their CCAP Provider Health, Safety & Child Development Training Requirements!  Beginning September 30th, 2018 new federal requirements are in place for trainings and monitoring that must be in place in order for a child care provider to continue to be eligible to be paid as a CCAP Provider.                                                 Learn more here! 

For more information on the Child Care Assistance Program, please call or visit our Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois office at 309-205-3070 Option 2 or toll-free at 1-866-370-4556 Option 2 to speak with a CCAP Eligibility Specialist. A listing of contacts for service delivery areas across Illinois can be found at

Do you need help locating a quality child care center or family child care professional, or deciding what type of child care is right for your family? Find more information under the "Find Child Care" section.