CCAP Updates

Duplicate Payment Notification - July 20, 2021

IDHS issued a notice indicating possible duplicate payments after July 12, 2021.  Please review this notice and verify recent IDHS CCAP payments.

CCAP Provider Rate Updates Effective January 1st, 2021

12/31/2020: Updated CCAP rates effective service month January 2021 can be found below. The Child Care Management System (CCMS) will update all rates automatically and providers will not be required to submit rate certification forms. 


Reduced January & February Co-Pays of $1.25 for Parents in Child Care Assistance Program

12/30/2020: On behalf of Governor JB Pritzker, IDHS/CCAP would like to announce that all CCAP clients will receive a reduced copay assessed at $1.25 during the months of Jan and Feb of 2021. All copays will be reduced automatically, requiring no action from the client. If a family's copay is less than $1.25, it will remain as such.

Payments for CCAP Enrollment for Months of December, January, & February

12/23/2020: On behalf of Governor JB Pritzker, IDHS/CCAP has announced that all childcare providers will be paid based upon CCAP enrollment vs attended days during the months of Dec 2020, Jan 2021, and Feb 2021.

Please note that more information outlining details is forthcoming. As details are shared with our office Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois will be sharing information via email distribution lists, Facebook, and our website.

Three Month Auto-Extension

12/9/2020: The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) has announced a three month auto-extension of cases ending 12/31/20, 1/31/21, & 2/28/21. The auto-extension will provide qualifying cases with an additional three months of eligibility. The new eligibility periods will be created using the most recent information from the client's existing eligibility period. Approval letters will not be automatically sent to cases that are auto-extended, however may be requested by contacting our local CCR&R office.

Please note the following:

  • It is important to remember, even with auto-extensions, families must still notify our office within 10 days of any change in their case.
  • The following circumstances will exclude a case from qualifying for the auto-extension:
  • Children who have reached the age of 13 (or 18 if Special Needs) as of the first month of the new eligibility period. (Other children on the case that are within eligible age ranges will be auto-extended.)
  • Cases with a child care arrangement end date that is prior to the last date of the month being extended. (This includes cases that were canceled due to the ending of their 90-day Grace Period.)
  • Canceled cases.
  • Cases with a pending redetermination.

Return to School (School Age Children)

11/6/2020: Schools reopened with modified schedules that include in-person, remote, and hybrid learning models.  To accommodate the needs of working parents, CCAP will pay a full-time day for school-age children if you are working or going to school five (5) or more hours during the day and your child is in the provider’s care during that time through June 30, 2021.  This includes time that the child is participating in their school’s distance learning activities while in the provider’s care.  CCAP will not pay any additional fees to the provider for assisting with school activities, or any other fees beyond the approved daily rate for care.  Parents should notify their provider and the CCR&R of any changes in their child‘s care arrangement due to school schedules.  We will review data during October to determine if adjustments to this process are needed.

80% Attendance Rule

11/6/2020: The 80% payment rule was revised to 50% effective July 1, 2020. Licensed and license-exempt centers and licensed home providers were paid for all approved days of care if children attend at least 50% of the days. The 50% Rule has been extended through June 30, 2021.  Providers may request a waiver through the Illinois Department of Human Services if attendance falls below 50% or if the program is forced to close due to COVID related reasons. More information on requesting an attendance exemption can be found in the IDHS CCAP Policy Manual

Rate Increase Update

As of July 1, 2020 IDHS increased the maximum child care payment rates for providers. New rates can be found on the IDHS website at

When you agree to provide child care services to families enrolled in the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), you may charge the State of Illinois up to the maximum rates allowed by the state, but not a rate higher than you charge for your services. If you charge a rate higher than the maximum rate, IDHS hopes you would accept the state maximum rate as payment in full when serving CCAP enrolled families.

If the rate you charge for your services is less than the maximum state rate, you must complete a rate certification form to avoid an overpayment:

1. Complete Child Care Rate Certification Form and return to Child Care Resource & Referral. 

Form in English

Form in Spanish

2. Review your monthly Child Care Certificate(s), make changes if necessary to reflect the rates on your Certification Form

If you have any questions about this notice, contact your Child Care Resource and Referral of Midwestern Illinois at 309-205-3070 Option 2. 

Provider Payment Processing Updates


**Payments are generally issued by The Office of the Comptroller 1-3 working days after the payments are approved by DHS.  Payments are issued at night.  Paper checks go in the mail the next working day.  Direct Deposit and Debit Card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued.  Debit card payments can reach the accounts at any point on the second working day – early in the morning until later in the day.  Weekends and holidays are not working days.   

Providers can call the payment update line of:  (217) 524-9041,  for processing updates.    

Providers can also follow the Comptroller web site to see when their payments become issued in the Comptroller System.    

 To sign up for the enhanced screens, providers go to:

  • On the home page, go to the  VENDORS tab
  • Click on Vendor Payments
  • Go to The Enhanced Vendor Remittance Area
  • To the right of the next screen, click “Register”
  • Complete the registration page
  • Within 24 hours, an e-mail should be sent with instructions on creating a password to view the detail of the payments.
    •  When password has been created, Provider goes back into:
    • Click on Vendors
    • Go to:  Enhanced Vendor Remittance.”
    • Enter User ID
    • Enter Password
    • Click:  Login
    • Next page click:  Payments
    • Next page click:  Find Warrants  -  In this area providers can adjust the fiscal year, and/or the beginning and ending date of their search.  However, if they don’t make any adjustments, the search will show them the last 30 days of payments.
    • Next page will show the most recent issued payments at the top of the page.   Click on one of the Warrant/EFT#’s
    • Next page will give a lot of detail on the payment, including the Payment Voucher Description (all the specific case information of the payment)   


To view issued payments without  payment detail information,  providers go to:

  • On the home page, options should come up:  
    • Click on Vendors  
      • Enter provider VENDOR TIN  (SS# or FEIN)Next enter the VENDOR NAME  (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller. Businesses need to use the legal name as Comptroller has them listed)
      • Select the security image noted
      • Click: Submit


Debit Card

Providers getting paid through the debit card that have card issues,  seeking detailed information on their payments, or wanting debit card monthly statements,  should call the card company at: 866-338-2944.  For callers to speak with a customer service representative at the card company,  providers do not enter their card number when the message asks for it. When instructed, they should press the # sign.  Then when instructed, press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card.  After entering the social security number and zip code,  a representative should come on the line.