CHILD CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (CCAP) IMPORTANT PROVIDER NOTICE:
RATE INCREASE FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
When you agree to provide child care services for families enrolled in the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), you may charge the State of Illinois up to the maximum rates allowed by the state. However, you cannot charge the State of Illinois a rate that is higher than you charge to the general public for similar services. This includes discounts such as multiple child discounts, staff discounts, full-week discounts, pre- pay discounts, and sliding fee scales. If you charge the general public a rate higher than the maximum rate, the Department hopes you would accept the state maximum rate as payment in full when serving CCAP enrolled families. It is a hardship for CCAP enrolled families to make up any difference in charges.
If the rate you charge the general public for similar services is less than the maximum state rate, you must complete the following steps to avoid an overpayment:
1. Complete a Child Care Rate Certification Form and return it your CCR&R agency as soon as possible; and,
2. Carefully review your monthly Child Care Certificate(s), making changes to the listed rates wherever necessary to reflect the rates on your Child Care Rate Certification Form.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact our Child Care Assistance Program at 309-205-3070 Option 2.
Initial Activity Search
(10/1/2021) On Monday, September 13, 2021, Governor JB Pritzker announced that parents/guardians who are
searching for work or seeking to enroll in school can qualify for three months of the Child Care Assistance
Program (CCAP) if they meet other eligibility requirements. This initiative will be called “Initial Activity
Search” within CCAP and will be effective October 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. Download full memo here.
Provider Payment Processing Updates
**Payments are generally issued by The Office of the Comptroller 1-3 working days after the payments are approved by DHS. Payments are issued at night. Paper checks go in the mail the next working day. Direct Deposit and Debit Card payments are in accounts two working days after being issued. Debit card payments can reach the accounts at any point on the second working day – early in the morning until later in the day. Weekends and holidays are not working days.
Providers can call the payment update line of: (217) 524-9041, for processing updates.
Providers can also follow the Comptroller web site to see when their payments become issued in the Comptroller System.
To sign up for the enhanced screens, providers go to:
- On the home page, go to the VENDORS tab
- Click on Vendor Payments
- Go to The Enhanced Vendor Remittance Area
- To the right of the next screen, click “Register”
- Complete the registration page
- Within 24 hours, an e-mail should be sent with instructions on creating a password to view the detail of the payments.
- When password has been created, Provider goes back into: www.illinoiscomptroller.gov
- Click on Vendors
- Go to: Enhanced Vendor Remittance.”
- Enter User ID
- Enter Password
- Click: Login
- Next page click: Payments
- Next page click: Find Warrants - In this area providers can adjust the fiscal year, and/or the beginning and ending date of their search. However, if they don’t make any adjustments, the search will show them the last 30 days of payments.
- Next page will show the most recent issued payments at the top of the page. Click on one of the Warrant/EFT#’s
- Next page will give a lot of detail on the payment, including the Payment Voucher Description (all the specific case information of the payment)
To view issued payments without payment detail information, providers go to:
- On the home page, options should come up:
- Click on Vendors
- Enter provider VENDOR TIN (SS# or FEIN)Next enter the VENDOR NAME (name as listed with The Office of the Comptroller. Businesses need to use the legal name as Comptroller has them listed)
- Select the security image noted
- Click: Submit
- Click on Vendors
Providers getting paid through the debit card that have card issues, seeking detailed information on their payments, or wanting debit card monthly statements, should call the card company at: 866-338-2944. For callers to speak with a customer service representative at the card company, providers do not enter their card number when the message asks for it. When instructed, they should press the # sign. Then when instructed, press option 4 for lost, stolen, or damaged card. After entering the social security number and zip code, a representative should come on the line.