CCAP Provider Training Requirements
Child care providers receiving payment for care provided through the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) will be required to complete specific health and safety trainings. These requirements are in alignment with the requirement by the federal government that child care providers receiving payment through the federal Child Care Development Block Grant (CCDBG) complete specific health and safety training; have current CPR/First Aid certification; and complete a minimum number of annual training hours as required by provider type. All providers participating in CCAP will have minimum training requirements as a result of the federal legislation.
These training requirements MUST be completed by no later than September 30th, 2018 in order for a provider receiving CCAP funds to continue receiving CCAP Payment.
Who is required to complete the training?
In Illinois, all center and home-based (licensed and licensed-exempt) child care providers participating in the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) will have minimum training requirements. License-exempt relative child providers who are caring ONLY for school-aged children are exempt from these requirements.
What trainings are required?
To understand the specific trainings required by IDHS please review the "CCAP Health, Safety, & Child Development Training Requirements Options" notice below for options on how you may complete these requirements by the September 30th, 2018 deadline.
- CCAP Health, Safety, & Child Development Training Requirement Options English |Español
- Providers with a Current CDA (Child Development Associates): English | Español
How do I track my training?
Training Resources & Tips:
- How to join the Gateways Registry (tip sheet)
- How to print your Gateways Registry Membership Card (tip sheet)
- DCFS Child Abuse and Neglect/Mandated Reporter Online Training
- How to print your Registry training certificate (tip sheet)
- How to print your Professional Development Record (PDR) (tip sheet)
Additional IDHS Announcements:
For more information on these training requirements please visit:
- Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS)
Training Calendar & Registration
To check out our upcoming trainings, including CCAP provider required trainings, on our Training Calendar & Registration page click here.
CCAP Provider Resources
Find more resources for CCAP providers including forms to download, FAQs, and links to IDHS resources here.