Individual Professional Development Funds
Individual Professional Development Funds are made available to assist individuals' pursuit of professional development in early care and education and school-age care. Funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS), the availabilty of these funds are limited and have annual funding limits. Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois administers funds for providers serving programs in the Illinois counties of Henderson, Henry, Knox, McDonough, Mercer, Rock Island, and Warren.
Who Can Apply?
IPDF funds are available to individual practitioners currently employed by a center based program or family home programs (license or license exempt) that provide care as defined by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Individual practitioners include child care center directors, early childhood teachers/assistant teachers, school age teachers/assistant teachers, family home providers, and assistants. In addition, child care center support staff (e.g., cook, driver) when appropriate.
For more information about who is eligible to apply for IPDF download the full application here.
Are There Priority Programs?
While it is a requirement for the applicant's child care program to currently be caring for children whose care is paid for by IDHS CCAP, as applications are received priority is given to programs currently caring for 50% or more children whose care is paid for by IDHS CCAP. Additional priority is given to programs that are full year (at least 47 weeks)/full day (at least 8 hours) and programs caring for infants and toddlers.
For more information about priority programs download the full IPDF application here.
What is the application process?
- Individuals complete and submit an application along with the required supporting documentation. (See the full IPDF application for more information on required supporting documentation.)
- As applications are received, priority is given to programs currently caring for 50% or more children whose care is paid for by IDHS CCAP.
- Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois will notify you in writing if your application has been approved or denied, and if approved, the amount in which your request was funded.
What are Funding Minimums/Maximums?
- The minimum funding request is $15.
- The maximum funding amount per event/credential is 80% of the actual cost, as funding allows, and
- The maximum funding amount available per person is up to $500 per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
More information is available on the full IPDF application including what funds can be requested for, what funds cannot be requested for supporting documentation needed, and application deadlines. Download the full application here.
For more information on grant funds available through Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois contact Kelsey Swanson, Grants Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 205-3070 ext. 4012.