Individual Professional Development Funds
Individual Professional Development Funds are made available to assist individuals' pursuit of professional development in early care and education and school-age care. Funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS), the availabilty of these funds are limited and have annual funding limits. Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois administers funds for providers serving programs in the Illinois counties of Henderson, Henry, Knox, McDonough, Mercer, Rock Island, and Warren.
Who Can Apply?
IPDF funds are available to individual practitioners currently employed by a center based program or family home programs (license or license exempt) that provide care as defined by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Individual practitioners include child care center directors, early childhood teachers/assistant teachers, school age teachers/assistant teachers, family home providers, and assistants. In addition, child care center support staff (e.g., cook, driver) when appropriate.
Are There Priority Programs?
As applications are received, priority is given to programs currently caring for 50% or more children whose care is paid for by the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). Additional priority programs are those Programs that are full year (at least 47 weeks)/full day (at least 8 hours)and programs that are currently caring for infants and toddlers.
What is the application process?
- Individuals complete and submit an application along with the required supporting documentation. (See the full application for more information on required supporting documentation.)
- As applications are received, priority is given to programs currently caring for 50% or more children whose care is paid for by IDHS CCAP.
- Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois will notify you in writing if your application has been approved or denied, and if approved, the amount in which your request was funded.
What are Funding Minimums/Maximums?
- The minimum funding request is $15.
- The maximum funding amount per event/credential is 80% of the actual cost, as funding allows, and
- The maximum funding amount available per person is up to $500 per fiscal year
More information is available on the full IPDF application including what funds can be requested for, what funds cannot be requested for, supporting documentation needed, and application deadlines.
For more information on grant funds available through Child Care Resource & Referral of Midwestern Illinois, contact Kim Stickell, Training & Technical Assistance Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 205-3070 ext. 4009